nVIDIA binary driver and FC5 test 1

Gilboa Davara gilboada at netvision.net.il
Thu Dec 1 14:54:53 UTC 2005

> On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 09:03 +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>
> > > Your post is way-out of line. Please keep your pissing contest-style
> > > posts to yourself.
> >
> > how is this way out of line? It's in no way rude or abusive and it
> > points to where he can get more information, there's an entire topic on
> > the nvidia forum about this stuff. Questions about binary drivers are
> > not really fedora related (fedora is an open source project after all)
> > and are thus mostly off-topic here, especially since there is a good
> > forum for questions like these.

Let me see if I get your message:
If I'm having problem with connecting my FC4 to a Windows SMB server, I
shouldn't come here because Windows is a closed source software.
If I'm having problem syncing with my Palm, I shouldn't come here
because Palm is a closed source project.
Somehow I doubt that anything remotely close to your POV ever appeared
in the FC mailing list guide-lines. (And I just checked)

And even if in your eyes, he's question was off-topic, I doubt that it
was in your place to give such a rude answer.

Now, if we can all move along.... (His question was answered and his
problem solved.)
Gilboa