Moodle/PHP/MySQL

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 18:34:21 UTC 2005

[Please pardon the duplicate post as this was originally on the plain
fedora-list.]

System PPC (iMac) FC5 Test 1.
Software:  Moodle/PHP/MySQL

Issue:  The PHP development system is not compiled with MySQL support
-- plus the "Update Repos Mirrors" will not send out a version of PHP
with MySQL support (the error is an invalid version of dbus on the
repos site - both libdbus and dbus-qt, both dated 11/21/05.)  I have
tried yim update/upgrade as well as yum groupupdate...

So, barring building all the stuff from source -- is there a version
of PHP with MySQL support available for FC5 on a PPC system?

I have tried repeatedly to install some form of php-mysql combination
and overall the dbus version error stops me.  For various reasons I
would rather not have to recompile PHP and related projects from
source.

Help?
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting