Fluendo announces free MP3 audio decoding for GNU/Linux and Unix

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Dec 23 16:43:17 UTC 2005

Justin Conover wrote:

> On 12/23/05, *Rahul Sundaram* <sundaram at redhat.com
> <mailto:sundaram at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Justin Conover wrote:
>
>      > http://www.fluendo.com/press/releases/PR-2005-05.html
>      >
>      > Good news, can Fedora get this in before FC5?
>
>     See fedora-devel discussion. In short, we cant.
>
>     --
>     Rahul
>
>     Learn. Network. Experience open source.
>     Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
>     Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/
>
>     --
>

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-December/msg01094.html
>
> Alright, I see were it is still a problem.
>
> btw, I do agree that OGG is better, however my ipod doesn't and having
> 10gb of mp3's for  my ipod and 10gb of ogg is wasting space on my drive ;)
>
> Oh well.

I build files and rip CD's under flac.  When I want to put them on my
player (iRiver) I have to convert.  This is easy as has been discussed
in the past.

I have a player directory that I convert the wanted songs into.  Then
I use "unison" to sync the iRiver to the directory.  I only have the
<1 gig of duplicates.

Robin