2.6.15rc kernel packages for FC4.

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Dec 29 17:31:23 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 29.12.2005, 17:25 +0100 schrieb Patrick:
> Yup it works for me but only after a kernel recompile with the DSDT
> patch added so that during boot the kernel looks for a new (fixed) DSDT
> in the initrd and loads that one. Iirc Dave was not interested in adding
> the patch to the kernel for support reasons [...]

That's true afaik. But what IMHO is more important: Upstream doesn't
want it, too. See:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9175150

Those that have problems with ACPI/DSDT IMHO should fill bugs in the
kernel bugzilla to get the damn acpi interpreter fixed. Nothing is
getting better in the long term if everybody privately works around
problems and uses a patched firmware without fixing the underlying
problems.

Or convince the kernel developers that patching the dsdt is the best
solution and that the dsdt-in-initrd-patch needs to be merged into the
kernel. Maybe then it's getting enabled in Fedora.