Hosed yum

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:20:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:43:48 -0600, cam at apt2324.com <cam at apt2324.com> wrote:
> What packages would anyone suggest I reinstall (from rpm) to fix
> this?  I'm guessing something python-related, but I'm not certain
> what.  Thanks.

I'd imagine you installed the 2.4 python from the development tree and
did not update yum and/or its dependancies from the development tree.
fc3 has python 2.3 and the directories where python modules exist are
python version specific.  You install python 2.4 and python no longer
sees the modules in the 2.3 directories.

SO
check your installed python version
check the yum version
check the version of all the packages yum depends on

compare those versions against the versions in the fc3 tree and the
development tree... and make sure you have a consistent set.

-jef