OpenOffice broke: double-check before bugzilla

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Feb 1 16:37:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 13:32 -0300, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Ter, 2005-02-01 às 10:27 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz escreveu:
>
> > This update appears finally to have fixed a display problem wherein the
> > column headings disappeared, had artifacts, or were printed on odd parts
> > of the screen. Hopefully the fix is complete and permanent; well done!
>
> Well, this used to happen also on other openoffice versions (debian
> specifically)
>
> > However, at least one new problem have been introduced: the "paste"
> > command now does not actually paste; instead it inserts the cells you
> > paste, moving the rest of the cells in that column down. This is a
> > massive pain and really interferes with getting *any* work done. Now,
> > Edit->Paste Special works fine so I'm stuck using only that... but the
> > other 30 people in my office whom I converted to OOo are screaming
> > bloody murder.
>
> This scares me. It's better leave colum weirdness than removing paste
> funtionality.

Please see Bug #146580:

--- Comment #1 From Dan Williams
confirmed, this was caused by an upstream ooo-build patch added by
Novell that we'll have to disable.

--- Comment #2 From Dan Williams
Specific changelog entry is:

2005-01-27  Michael Meeks  <michael.meeks at novell.com>

	* patches/OOO_1_1_4/apply, patches/OOO_1_1_3/apply:
	disable sc-paste-insert-rows.diff, very odd / unexpected
	behavior hurting users.

Dan