Re: FC3 can no longer successfully burn CDs]

Fulko Hew wrote:

Alan Cox wrote:

What would be useful is to file a bug, and include in it the details of the
exact controller/drive/commands used as well as any errors logged in dmesg
about the attempt.

I've updated the Bugzilla entry with hardware info.

It has, back on Dec 4 as bugzilla # 141884, but since nothing has really transpired
I thought I'd try the mailing list.

I've updated the Bugzilla entry with the results of testing with the new 2.6.9-1.11_FC2
kernel... I still can't burn CDs with it, and it still can't correctly read good CDs either.

This has happened on 3 different hardware/controllers/drives, in two different cities,
and there are no dmesg errors.

I stand corrected... when reading good CDs you do get errors logged

"Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 2240"