Re: 3c59x PCMCIA

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 19:54 +1100, Russell Coker wrote:

I've got a 3c59x PCMCIA card that doesn't work with Fedora, the latest Fedora kernel I've tried is 2.6.9-1.1049_FC4. I've tested it on three laptops that work with other PCMCIA ethernet devices so PCMCIA is apparently working it's an issue that's specific to this card.

is it a pcmcia or a cardbus card?
(yes that difference matters bigtime)

Assume root: su -

Then type: cardctl ident

I would like to know if there is a difference between the kernel and the user space utils to identify the hardware.

The same card works fine in a Debian machine with a kernel.org kernel so it seems to be a Fedora bug not something in the kernel code.

What should I do next to investigate it?

(i.e. Assume root: su -, then type: lspci

does the cardbus card show up in lspci ?

-gc