An Idea for FC4

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Fri Jan 7 11:24:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 09:52 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:17:56AM -0500, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
>
> > The client computers can "see" the printer when I am ready to print
>
> So in other words, it's already automatically detected the remote
> printer..
>
> > but for some reason, I guess that the print jobs are stuck in the
> > queue and will not print.
>
> This sounds more like a problem on the server side to me.
>
> > Also, I have firewalls installed by default (SELinux, for
> > example).
>
> Well, SELinux isn't a firewall, but presuming you have the default
> firewall installed that's what you need to change.  You need to allow
> inbound TCP port 631 packets on the server.
>
> You also need to configure the queue on the server to be remotely
> available, if you haven't done that already (but it sounds as though
> you  might have).
>
> Tim.
> */

Hello Tim,

      You're right - it is a problem on the service side.  And yes, I
already disabled the firewall on the server side as well.  And the queue
is available remotely, for it can be see whenever I use an application
(for example, Open Office.org or from a browser, "File-Print" ).  As I
also mentioned in a previous response, the printer is connected to the
server through the parallel port.