Re: In case you didn't know or forgot

  Yowza.  Oops.  I just noticed that misread your question 'Are you sure
its nvidia that needs a fix?' as 'Are you sure that its not nvidia that
needs a fix?'  Don't know why my mind put that 'not' in there.
  Anyhow, I will now quietly take a step into the background and resolve
not to respond to threads that know next to nothing about (i.e.: nVidia
binary-only drivers, in this case).  :-/

BTW: I'm as annoyed as you are at the suggestion to avoid updates due to
proprietary binary-only bits.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator