Re: kooka has gone koo koo

Féliciano Matias wrote:

Le dimanche 16 janvier 2005 à 06:16 +0000, Dwaine Garden a écrit :

Trying to get kooka running in KDE. Does anyone know how to get around this problem with glibc?

QLayout: Adding QComboBox/PREVIEWFORMATCOMBO (child of QVButtonGroup/unnamed) to layout for Previewer/unnamed
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0865ea20 ***
Alarm clock

I tried to grab the source code and the same message comes up when the new compiled version is ran.

Any suggestions?

Release note :
http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/3/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en
glibc
o The version of glibc provided with Fedora Core 3 performs additional
internal sanity checks to prevent and detect data corruption as early
as possible. By default, should corruption be detected, a message
similar to the following will be displayed on standard error (or
logged via syslog if stderr is not open):
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x0937d008 ***
By default, the program that generated this error will also be killed;
however, this (and whether or not an error message is generated) can
be controlled via the MALLOC_CHECK_ environment variable. The
following settings are supported:
o 0 -- Do not generate an error message, and do not kill the
program
o 1 -- Generate an error message, but do not kill the program
o 2 -- Do not generate an error message, but kill the program
o 3 -- Generate an error message and kill the program
Note
If MALLOC_CHECK_ is explicitly set a value other than 0, this causes
glibc to perform more tests that are more extensive than the default,
and may impact performance.
Should you have a program from a third party ISV that triggers these
corruption checks and displays a message, you should file a defect
report with the application's vendor, since this indicates a serious
bug.

Dwaine.

Thanks for the information. I'll follow up with kooka maintainers and get the source code modified. I might even take a look at it.

Dwaine.