Re: More NetworkManager related update problems

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 10:03:04AM -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:44:23 -0600, Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net> wrote:
> > There is an update to wireless-tools in updates-released, but
> > NetworkManager blocks it because it is linked against libiw.so.27 and
> > the new wireless-tools provides libiw.so.28.
> >
> > yum doesn't handle this problem very well either:
>
> What would you prefer yum do?

If you really ask then it would be truly nice if yum would drop
such unresolvable subset from a transaction, not silently of course,
and proceed with whatever remains.  It could be some twenty other,
unrelated, updates outstanding and currently one failed blocks them
all. _If_ you are doing that interactively that --exclude is an
obvious answer but even then such help would be welcome.

I have no idea how much work that would be or even if there are
cases which would make that really hard.  Maybe one day...

   Michal