OT: zlib clamav-0.81

Howard Johnson merlin at mwob.org.uk
Thu Jan 27 14:58:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 14:36, nodata wrote:

> Oh dear. The changelog for zlib shows a last entry of Sep 13 2004.
> The fixed zlib 1.2.2 was released more than two weeks later, on October
> 3rd, 2004

Looking at the changelog, bugzilla entry (referenced in the changelog),
and the zlib site, it seems the 1.2.1.2 release was to fix the same
security problem as 1.2.2. I can't seem to find a 1.2.1.anything release
on zlib's web site, so I suspect it's an "internal" (to Fedora/Red Hat)
release that contained the back-ported security fix.