Re: Semperon processors

HH> I never understood the kernel timer concept, why not build a
HH> wakeup list and sleep exactly the time to the next event??

It's been worked on, but getting it right is very difficult.  See the
VST patches at http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/

There are questions as to whether the overhead of constantly
reprogramming the timer interrupt source is worth the savings.  Plus
there are hardware issues and assumptions about timer frequency in the
kernel.  These should be getting better with time.

 - J<