Re: Setting up a DNS server

--On Monday, January 31, 2005 10:55 PM +0000 Paul <paul all-the-johnsons co uk> wrote:

Anyone know of any easy to follow instructions of setting up a DNS
server under FC? I'm doing it all from the terminal, so no fancy GUI
interface stuff allowed ;-)

Depends on what it will be used for. A simple caching name server can be made with "yum install caching-nameserver". This package is a set of BIND config files with a prereq on BIND, so it should set it all up for you. I set my first server up that way and learned everything else by editing those files.