rawhide report: 20050705 changes

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Jul 8 12:22:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 01:00 -0500, Michael Cagle wrote:

<snip and ditto to Seth's comments regarding snipping it ;-]>

> I have a system that started out as Fedora Core 4 Test 3 and has since
> been updated through yum to Fedora 5 Test 1. The system is X86.
> Basically I have been entering yum -y update every day to load the
> latest updates. When a new kernel is included in the daily updates, I
> reboot the system so that I am running the latest test kernel.
> Everything was going well until last week. Now I get a few packages
> updated but I have not had a kernel update since build 1400.
>
> Do I need to update my yum configuration files to continue getting updates?
>
> Also, up2date quite working about two or three months ago. I get a bad
> url when I try it.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

At a guess (but and educated guess) I think you'll find that if you
check out the files in /etc/yum.repos.d that fedora-devel.repo is no
longer enabled, and that fedora.repo, fedora-extras.repo and
fedora-updates.repo are enabled.

Edit them to enable the devel repo and disable the others (except maybe
extras) and you should be back onto rawhide.

Rodd

 It's much better on my side"