firefox fonts gone, more info

Chris Kurecka ckurecka at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:12:05 UTC 2005

> No I am not, however I did a check to make sure and the gtk+ from fc4
> distribution and development are the same release: gtk+-1.2.10-39, so
> I'm a bit confused.
> To get it to work, I had to uncomment:
> MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1
> export MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO
> in the /usr/bin/firefox & /usr/bin/thunderbird executibles.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Brian Millett - [ Jha'dur (re: the Wind Swords), "Deathwalker"]
> "They speak of you often, Sinclair. They say you have a hole in your mind."

gtk+-1.2.10-39 is the version of gtk1 included in Fedora, and that is
the same in both FC4 and development.  However, I believe Firefox
should be using gtk2, and that is version 2.6.7 in FC4 and 2.7.3 in
Rawhide (http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/gtk2-2.6.7-4.i386.rpm
vs http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/gtk2-2.7.3-1.i386.rpm).

Perhaps try updating gtk2?

I can't comment beyond that, as I'm still just using FC4 + updates.

Chris Kurecka