rawhide report: 20050730 changes

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 20:06:32 UTC 2005

On 7/30/05, Richard Hally <rhally at mindspring.com> wrote:
> [ Responding to my query about broken deps in Rawhide for eclipse ]
> seeing the same thing here. It was in the broken deps list previously.

Okay, I decided to try something else; I think the dependencies of
eclipse and tomcat5 changed, and yum wasn't able to do the update
successfully in place. I would get errors about ant-jmf and "jta"
(whatever that is).

This seems to have worked:
# yum remove ant-jmf tomcat5
[ ... also removes all of Eclipse ...]
# yum --enablerepo=development install eclipse-cdt eclipse-jdt
[ ... also reinstalls tomcat5 and upgrades ant ...]

I guess this is another thing that can just be expected when working
with Rawhide.

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/ __
"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,