(no subject)

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Fri Jun 3 07:39:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

I reinstalled a second harddisk and tried to get it in my lvm-group VolGroup00. Before i struggled around somewhat :-(

Now, i get the following errormessage, if i do vgdisplay

  Couldn't find device with uuid 'WyCdOD-T3fq-r7gc-pFon-e3C1-Ay8n-EdGyEE'.
  Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group VolGroup00.
  Couldn't find device [root at frodo lvm]# lvmdiskscan
  /dev/sda1 [      101,94 MB]
  /dev/sda2 [        8,37 GB] LVM physical volume
  /dev/sdb1 [       16,96 GB] LVM physical volume
  0 disks
  1 partition
  0 LVM physical volume whole disks
  2 LVM physical volumes

How can i remove the device 'WyCdOD-T3fq-r7gc-pFon-e3C1-Ay8n-EdGyEE' out of this group? This should be /dev/sdb1,
which i did wrong before. so now, if i want to vgextend VolGroup00 /dev/sdb1 i get this:

  Couldn't find device with uuid 'WyCdOD-T3fq-r7gc-pFon-e3C1-Ay8n-EdGyEE'.
  Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group VolGroup00.
  Couldn't find device with uuid 'WyCdOD-T3fq-r7gc-pFon-e3C1-Ay8n-EdGyEE'.
  Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group VolGroup00.
  Volume group "VolGroup00" not found

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp please

Roger