Looking for (compat-) libstdc++.so.5

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Jun 7 23:09:26 UTC 2005

> On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 13:28 -0700, Andy Ross wrote:
> > ...improper usage?  Is any search without a wildcard, even it if is
> > an exact package name, improper?  Note that the yum man page doesn't
> > even mention the existance of wildcards; this was the first I'd heard
> > of the capability.  Is there another documentation source I should
> > look to for proper yum usage?
> >

> You may have tickled something fun in how yum searches and the plus
> symbols not being handled absolutely correctly.  I've ran into this on
> this exact package, and since I'm used to these types of bugs, I tried a
> wild card (and most importantly quotes), and it worked.
>
> Seth, any input?

Or could it be that '+' does something special in the shell.

Strangely both work for me, although it does appear that + has some
special value in a bash shell and should probably be escaped or quoted
(along with the rest of the string).

This might be much the same as having to escape \* to get wildcards to
work in yum, because bash interprets the wildcard first and yum doesn't
see what you expect it to see for the string.

R.

> --
 It's much better on my side"