general software managment problems

Kyle Pointer kapointer at charter.net
Sun Jun 12 05:09:49 UTC 2005

Not sure what the deal is, but I have been having a lot of problems with
RPM's and RPM type things.
I don't see any sort of relation between the problems, but generally they
have something to do with RPM.

One thing, I always get a
 "/media/cdrecorder does not look like a valid installation source"
error when I try to put in say, the Redhat Enterprise Linux EXTRAS cds.
Not sure what the deal there is...

And then there's a problem with up2date looking for headers directory in
 "http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/"
and there isn't one. I'm not sure what the deal is there either...

Any ideas about either of these issues? I've filled bug reports.

--
Kyle Pointer <kapointer at charter.net>