kerbos (timing)

Caleb Warta cyberhawkusa at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 00:49:11 UTC 2005

i am planning on using fedora core 4 x86-64 for a gaming lounge/internet
cafe and needed to know if kerbos is the best way to go

what i need is a sort of domain login sort of like what windows offers but i
have never tried to do such a thing on linux and i dont want to use samba

if possiable to point me to a howto page that might help

the other thing is that i need to find some way to record how log a user has
been loged in and log them off when the time some number

i plan on doing all the networking and stuff my self but i dont want to have
to train the people i pay to run it when i am not there to do i bunch of
stuff or worry about them not tracking time right so i figured that if i can
have them set up a user and add time to there accounts but thats all i
really want them to need to do

i will be using cedega from transgaming.com for the gaming half i am not to
sure how ill pull that off on a domain like login yet but ideas on any of
this stuff would be great i really need some help with the main logon stuff
ive tried to set up kerbos like 12 times now normally i get stuff on the 3-4
this is driving me crazzy