More bugs on Final Version!

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Wed Jun 15 15:40:28 UTC 2005

Stephen Smalley wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 12:19 +0200, Bjorn Andersen wrote:
>

>>tir, 14 06 2005 kl. 10:30 +0300, skrev Γώρκας Δημήτριος:
>>

>>>Although had been pointed out before this bug still exists in final
>>>version!!!
>>>1) Installing FC4 64 with reiserfs system the system fails to boot since
>>>it' can't mount the root fs!!!
>>>

>>I it not a SELinux problem here? Reaiser FS is not kompatible with
>>SELinux.
>>

>That should have been addressed (i.e. reiserfs xattr support has
>allegedly been fixed upstream to work properly with SELinux), but others
>have also reported breakage with reiserfs in FC4.  Whether or not it is
>SELinux-related, I'm not sure.

Well , XFS is compatible with selinux and same problem occurs if /boot
is a XFS filesystem (grub segfaults during setup). If you use ext3 for
/boot , you can use XFS (and probably reiser) for the other partitions ,
as long as you dont use mount-by-label. Manually removing all label
references on my fstab and grub.conf made it work perfectly (/boot ext3
, / and /home xfs. /home was the only partition that was from a previous
install and wasnt formatted).

--
Pedro Macedo