rawhide report: 20050616 changes

Darwin H. Webb thethirddoorontheleft at verizon.net
Thu Jun 16 21:22:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 13:27 -0700, Darwin H. Webb wrote:

> > kernel-2.6.11-1.1383_FC5
> > ------------------------
> > * Mon Jun 13 2005 Peter Jones <pjones at redhat.com>
> > - Reenable fixed ipw drivers.
> >
> > * Mon Jun 13 2005 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
> > - 2.6.12-rc6-git5
> >

> > selinux-policy-strict-1.23.18-7
> > -------------------------------
> > * Wed Jun 15 2005 Dan Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> 1.23.18-7
> > - Fixed for new cups domain hplip
> >

> > xml-commons-0:1.0-0.b2.7jpp_2fc
> > -------------------------------
> > * Wed Jun 15 2005 Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat.com> - 0:1.0-0.b2.7jpp_2fc
> > - Remove all prebuilt stuff from the tarball.
> >
> > yum-2.3.3-1
> > -----------
> > * Wed Jun 15 2005 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> - 2.3.3-1
> > - update to 2.3.3
> >

> Hey and good Morning PDT, :)
>
>  I have sayed on FC4T# develop tree and last night I did a yum
> check-updates because nothing was showing in the redd flashing ball for
> a week or so.
> There were 52 updates and the kernel, kernal-dev, as listed in the
> previous build. I did a yum update and all went find. I did notice that
> the first part of the yum was something like patching and parsing the
> header? I figured it was part of the new repo stuff.
>
> This morning I looked at the build list and did another yum check-update
> and all of the packages were laisted as in the build list above, and
> since yum was one of the packages I did a yum update yum and got that
> out of the way.
> Then I did yum check-updtes because I wanted to exclude a couple that
> didn't look ready for my Linux level, but the yum check-update said that
> there were nothing to update. They were there 2 minutes ago?
>
> I check yum and found that yum.repo.d had 4 repos in it.
> I thoht I only had devel defined.
> I checked each one carefully and sure enough only devel had enable and
> gpkey off.
> I then check yum.conf and the MAIN section had newest and pgkey off.
>
> Now I did yum update and there was a ton of error messages from the repo
> about xlm. So is that something that just happened to the xml by chance,
> an out of sync thing, the last yum update was bad, or what?
>
> SJ

Hey again, :)

 Yum is now working and all the newest update went in ok.

1. SElinux policy strick didin't appear on list?
2. XLM-commoms? Could that be the reason for the error messages?
3. During reboot - Volgroup-LVol splash info
message /etc/lvm/bkchk ? failed sync ?  (it went by fast. :) )

Don't know what that is about, but it continued to boot up and is
running ok.

FYI and thank you,

SJ