Re: Fedora 5 wish list

Mark Bradbury wrote:

I would like to see bacula replace amanda as the backup software for
fedora (not counting tar and dump) bacula at least spans tapes and
seems to be much more functional ( its just missing pools)

bacula link here http://www.bacula.org/

what do you think

ps. I've just been on a legato networker training camp and have been
comparing backup "solutions" so my mind could be warped

It would be a good idea to package this for Fedora Extras and get it integrated well before proposing this for inclusion as a Amanda replacement in core

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras

regards
Rahul