Stop ignoring #152566 bug

kas kas11 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jun 21 13:17:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 14:28 +0200, Cimmo wrote:
> Dave Jones ha scritto:
>
> >It isn't being ignored. No more than any of the other ~850 fedora kernel
> >bugzillas currently opened.
> >
> >FWIW, I don't think your bug is a kernel bug, I've reassigned
> >it accordingly.
> >

> Ok thanx,
> hope to discover the real buggy component.
> Harald Hoyer is responsible now about this bug? Hope to see some words
> from him :)
>
> b.r.
> Cimmo

FWIW, both the Network Tools Devices tab and the Network Applet are
broken here on two entirely different x86_64 boxes...one system being an
Epox 9NDA3  NForce3-250 using the forcedeth driver and the other being
an Asus K8V using the sk98lin driver.  In each case, the network
connectivity is fine...the numbers in Network Tools are simply bogus
(the MAC address and MTU values are obviously wrong)...the Network app
doesn't even begin to work properly.  In actual fact, both the app and
the applet work fine here on a 32 bit Athlon system using the 32 bit
forcedeth driver.  AFAICT, these are app bugs and don't have anything to
do with the drivers

As far as the yum problems reported in the previously referenced
bugzilla ticket, I've found the replacing mirrorlist with the baseurl of
a nearby mirror cures the timeout problems...using mirrorlist was
frequently sending me half way around the world and .tw sites are slow
from this part of the world.

HTH,
Karen