Stop ignoring #152566 bug

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:05:00 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, kas <kas11 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> In looking at the network status applet, I find that if I type in eth0
> in the selection box, it seems to work ok...that there isn't a default
> entry for eth0 is a minor bug but I can't find the component in bugzilla
> to file against...maybe after more coffee.

here is how i go about figuring out which package a program belongs to.

I start the program up and then in a terminal i do "ps auxw"  and
review the names of the running programs. Usually i can figure out
which binary is actually associated with the graphical program I
started up. In the case of the gnome network applet
/usr/libexec/gnome-netstatus-applet   shows up in the ps auxw output

next i do an rpm -qf /usr/libexec/gnome-netstatus-applet   to find the
name of the binary package, in this case gnome-netstatus  is the
binary package

then i do an rpm -qi gnome-netstatus  to find the SRPM the binary
package came from.
in this case  Source RPM: gnome-netstatus-2.10.0-4.src.rpm

the Source RPM name is the name of the component in bugzilla that you
should file against.

-jef