Booting from SATA drive

Cimmo cimmo at libero.it
Tue Jun 21 18:54:03 UTC 2005

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R ha scritto:

>This is an amplification on the previous report of booting
>difficulties from a SATA drive.
>
>System has three IDE drives + DVD on the usual controller.
>I added a SATA drive to increase memory.  The bios allows
>the the boot order to be changed, so I was able to install
>XP on the SATA drive and boot it.
>
>I installed FC4 to the SATA drive and used the advanced
>install option to write the boot to the SATA drive.  But
>Windows still booted directly, no Grub.

Have you changed the device order? You have to change during
installation the order of the hard disks, put SATA you want on first,
and then install on MBR.
i think have to bugzilla this, because too many people doesn't
understand how to install grub on a sata device, also I've wrong it the
very first time.

bye
Cimmo