Media Check FAILED....

Bob Hillegas bobhillegas at houston.rr.com
Wed Jun 22 12:41:26 UTC 2005

I just downloaded FC4-i386-disc1.iso (also 2,3&4) and burned 4 CD's.
When I attempt to install and check the media, all four fail.

I have re-downloaded from a different site. All .iso's pass the sha1sum
--check SHA1SUM.txt test and diff shows that they are identical to the
first set.

I re-made one CD at speed=2 instead of speed=12, still fails.

I'm using Memorex CD-R media on a Plextor. I'm halfway through a spindle
that has never given me problems.

What is the likely source of the FAILED? Bad media, drive gone bad, bug
in media check?

Thanks, BobH

Bob Hillegas
bobhillegas at houston.rr.com