Media Check FAILED....

Kevin B. Walker kevin.b.walker1 at jsc.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 22 13:19:54 UTC 2005

After typing "linux ide=nodma" at the installer boot prompt all four
CD's passed the media check. Without the ide=nodma argument they all
failed. I had verified the sha1sum on the downloaded isos. I had also
successfully diffed the images with the created cd's after mounting the
images with the -o loop option. I had similar problems with FC4t2.

Here's my question: Should I use the ide=nodma option each time I load
FC4 or is the problem only with media check?

> On 6/22/05, Bob Hillegas <bobhillegas at houston.rr.com> wrote:
> > What is the likely source of the FAILED? Bad media, drive gone bad, bug
> > in media check?
>
> try adding ide=nodma    at the installer boot prompt and try the
> mediacheck again
>
> -jef
>
> --

     Kevin B. Walker
Systems Engineering Simulator
  pager = (281) 621 - 3181
 office = (281) 244 - 5012
 kevin.b.walker at jsc.nasa.gov

--
This message was scanned for spam and viruses by BitDefender
For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/