FC5 Wishlist

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Jun 23 11:05:39 UTC 2005

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Jim Cornette (fct-cornette at insight.rr.com) said:
>
>>I was surprised that the lib version is one version newer than the one
>>supplied in gnome-libs. Nothing seems to need this older library version
>>either. How did an older version than shipped with RHL 8.0 end up in
>>current gnome-libs?
>

> That's gnome-libs for GNOME 1, which is really really old. :)
>
> Bill

This is using an FC4T3 to FC4 system. The lib is on my system and
gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-46 is the only version installed.

Anyway, gmc worked when making a symlink to the below. It was fast, but
left extra icons on the desktop. Once started, both gmc and nautilus
would respawn if either was killed. Trying gmc with failsafe might be
interesting to me.

Jim

  ls -la libdb.so.*
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 11 Jun  7 22:14 libdb.so.2 -> libdb1.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 17 Jun 22 18:15 libdb.so.3 -> /usr/lib/libdb.so
(my symlink creation)

  rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libdb1.so.2
gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-46

  rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libdb.so
db4-devel-4.3.27-4