what are the rpm nvidia drivers

Aaron Scott scott.aaron at abc.net.au
Wed Jun 29 05:41:25 UTC 2005

1. Nobody here owes you a thing.  Complaining that no one answers your
questions doesn't inspire the people who are willing to help
2. There is not any VGA mode.  You would want to stop gdm spawning X
sessions.  The easiest way of doing this is using the init command and
as root run the command:

init 4

3. when you have the new nvidia driver installed it is just a matter of
running the command "init 5".  No reboot required
4. I strongly suggest using the NVIDIA installer.  Rpm's are pretty
brain dead.  The installer will do some thinking about what is on your
machine and alert you to any problems

I am sure that there are many forums that you could also find that will
help you if you don't have any luck with the help offered here.  Quiet I
find searching in Google with the error messages I get helpful.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Ronnie Beck