Audit messages on console & in logwatch

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Thu Jun 30 15:58:38 UTC 2005

Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Thursday 30 June 2005 08:03, David D. Hagood wrote:
>
>>Logging everything is good, but needlessly bothering root about trivial
>>stuff just buries the important messages in the noise.
>

> This is required for CAPP compliant auditing. We are logging only the minimum.

I'm complaining about the information being logged to a file - far from
it: logging GOOD!

However, I would suggest that, by default, such messages NOT be sent to
the console, and by default they be excluded from things like the
Logwatch summary email.

Of course, changing Logwatch is more for an upstream issue, but.