Re: Wireless in FC4

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 10:25:50AM +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> I'm a little confused.  Are you talking about this thread as 'our
> original discussions' or has then been discussed elsewhere and you are
> referring to these other threads.  If so, could you supply some pointers
> to where?

Long ago before Fedora existed a bunch of Red Hat folks sat down and drafted
a set of proposals for "What is Fedora", "Why is Fedora good", etc. One of the
things we wanted was a free software distro buildable with free software.

I went through that discussion archive and although we discussed issues like
extras dependancies on non-core for example we never discussed firmware at all.
The extension of the current policy onto firmware files is not a planned and
thought out event, its just happened.

Now I happen to think it is right to keep firmware seperate but thats not a
debate we had when founding Fedora