fc3t1 ISOs

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Tue Mar 15 18:24:28 UTC 2005

As I looked over the 3.90 directory trees, I see that there is a single SRPMS
directory tree which holds all of the src.rpm packages but multiple sets
SRPMS ISOs (one for each of the three architectures).

If, as implied by the single SRPMS directory tree, the src.rpm packages for
all three architectures are identical, couldn't there be a single set of
SRPMS ISOs for all three architectures?  Wouldn't this save a lot of disk
space (and bandwidth) on all of the mirrors?

I assume that this would require some changes to the Distribution CD build
process, but, IIMHO, this would be worth the effort.
--
Gene