FC4t1: Can't install from isos via nfs after booting from USB key

Edwin Olson eolson at mit.edu
Wed Mar 16 14:40:26 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I wrote diskboot.img to a USB key and successfully booted it on a VIA
mini-ITX machine with 'linux askmethod'. I pointed it to my nfs
server--a procedure which I've used repeatedly with FC3--but the
installer rejects my nfs path, saying it doesn't look like a valid
install path. One of the consoles reports that it has mounted my nfs
volume on /mnt/source, but says: "LOOP_FD_SET Failed: device or resource
busy" when it tries to mount the isos on loopback.

My nfs directory contains the 4 isos for FC4T1, and nothing else. As a
sanity check, I was able to mount the nfs directory and see/read the
isos from another machine.

The problem seems to be similar to shrek-m gmx de's "fc4t1-ppc hdd iso
inst" thread.

Any suggestions?

-Ed