fc4t1 nfs install finds no install tree

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Wed Mar 16 16:10:46 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've checked my bittorrent isos sha1sum and all pass.

from my nfs server :
[cwt at localhost CThomas]$ cat /etc/exports | grep fc4
/home/CThomas/fc4        192.168.1.*(ro,sync)

On my install target [192.168.1.104], all IP's, nfs shares, netmasks and
such are set correctly, and double checked.

At the first attempt after linux askmethod from the rescue CD, I get an
error/box saying an FC installation tree was not found.  If I go back
and try again, either changing settings or not, I get an error/box
indicating "That directory could not be mounted from the server".  My
FC3 workstation can mount said share just fine.  Each boot repeats these
same steps every time, first the no install tree, then the no mount.

Has anyone performed an NFS install successfully?

[I know I can burn the discs...]

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>