Bad FC4 test 1 iso.

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Thu Mar 17 08:48:54 UTC 2005

tor, 17.03.2005 kl. 05.34 skrev Jerry Whitmire:
> I have download the DvD iso 3 times from different web
> sites with the same results it gives me a sha1sum of
> eb9e26968ac230d929e183b3e391357f this is not what the
> originally sha1sum and the #1 cd of the set was bad
> also i tried to install the first DvD it installed but
> got to root and pass word and would not go any fether.
> the last 2 times  were burnt with K3b and win xp the
> first time.
> Is there a problem with the iso on the web or is it on
> my end ?
> Any help for me would be useful.
> Thanks Jerry

If the download is bad, dont use it.

What client did you use to get the download? There are large chances of
transmit error in such big downloads, so i would recomend you to use a
"split and checksum" distrobution method such as BitTorrent in order to
get the iso.

There are also some clients that simply can't cope with files bigger
than 2 GB (i think Internet Explorer is one of the main culprits there).