Bad FC4 test 1 iso.

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 17 13:40:40 UTC 2005

Jerry Whitmire wrote:
> I have download the DvD iso 3 times from different web
> sites with the same results it gives me a sha1sum of
> eb9e26968ac230d929e183b3e391357f this is not what the
> originally sha1sum and the #1 cd of the set was bad
> also i tried to install the first DvD it installed but
> got to root and pass word and would not go any fether.
> the last 2 times  were burnt with K3b and win xp the
> first time.
> Is there a problem with the iso on the web or is it on
> my end ?
> Any help for me would be useful.
> Thanks Jerry

You must be checking MD5SUM not SHA1SUM.  The number you list above is
the correct MD5SUM for that download as reported by my K3B when burning
it.  Your download was good.  You need to check it with the command

sha1sum yourfilename.iso

instead of md5sum.

You should be good to go - remember the media check will fail because
media check is broken.

Gerry