openoffice-database: opening but no longer working

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Thu Mar 17 22:23:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 19:12 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > try to create a new database with the openoffice-thing. i can open the
> > app, but after telling - create new database, it closes...
> >
> > even here - nothing in log or dmesg.
> >
> > Roger
> >
> Ok, i've seen, the database are created,

Same here. Databases are created, but trying to view tables is imposible
as the correct driver is never found for dBase dbs, at least.

When trying I get the following:

"The connection to the data source "file:///home/cwt/test-db1.odb" could
not be established."

"Error code: 1000

The specified driver could not be loaded!"

"Error code: -1

while resolving class: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"

I created test-db1.odb with oo.org-base with just defaults.

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>

[cwt at ladyluck ~]$ java -version
java version "1.4.2"
gcj (GCC) 4.0.0 20050314 (Red Hat 4.0.0-0.34)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.

[cwt at ladyluck ~]$ rpm -q openoffice.org-core
openoffice.org-core-1.9.84-1