grub and old kernel still left behind - multiboot

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Mar 18 20:43:49 UTC 2005

After upgrading to FC4T1 on a system with multi-installations, I was
left with the previous kernel and also grub did not seem to change
anything related to the grub loader.
Grub was originally using /dev/hdb1 for this  prior installation and was
left intact when I upgraded via the FC4T1 disks.
Anyway, I am curious as to whether grub works at all from the
installation CDs. I tried to install a clean system and afterward could
not access this clean install on another computer. Resorting to the
rescue CD, the actins seemed to complete, but nothing seemed to take.

Jim