Vmware 5 build 13014

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 01:34:13 UTC 2005

Guilherme Cantisano wrote:

> I installed FD4-B1 on Vmware 5 without any problem, I also installed
> vmware tools.. but I think the graphic interface get too slow to start,
> any help ?
> Regards,
> GC

The program for logging into X in runlevel 5 called gdm sucks up an
enormous amount of cputime from the computer. You need to download the
newer version that is located in the development directory for gdm,
located at your chosen mirror.

My beta test expired before I could try VMWare version 5 for Linux on
FC4T1. It seemed to run the virtual MS programs better than through true
hardware. It does seem to be a great improvement over version 4.5 (Which
is all my workplace has a license for). Fortunately, it was not a
difficult task to change the FC3 host - MS guests to run again on XP
host -windows guest (change the floppy, serial and parallel port
settings from a pulldown from /dev/device to windows terms from pulldown
menus.)

I couldn't get FC4T1 to install successfully on one pass through on
vmware 4.5. I didn't expect that it would freeze up so early in the
installation process. (XP host)

Jim

--
Three rules for sounding like an expert:
	(1) Oversimplify your explanations to the point of uselessness.