We will soon be at FC4 and system-config-packages will stillfall short

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Mar 24 07:47:35 UTC 2005

On 03/23/2005 11:35:51 PM, seth vidal wrote:
> > Problem is: yum does not know how to swap CDs so any front end will
> have
> > the same limitation.
>
> Just out of curiosity, do you think not knowing how to swap CDs is
> some
> sort of permanent or unsolvable problem? Yum is not in a static
> state,
> adding capabilities, especially to the module is something we're
> doing
> all the time.

I'd actually like to see that - I distribute a DVD that has a mirror of
the current updates repository on it for people who do a fresh install
and need to get the updates - it would be nice to offer it for CD based
people.

Of course, DVD-ROM are pretty cheap, at least in the US. I think ~
$20.00 or so at some places. But it would be nice to have CD/DVD
swapping to, like apt does (at least on Debian, I haven't tried apt on
anything else)

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/