Re: unsigned packages

On 03/30/2005 12:58:52 PM, Aaron Kurtz wrote:
On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 12:42 -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
> When yum-ing a few packages from the devel repo, i get the "unsigned
> package" error all the time. Should i even bother to report it to
> bugzilla?

No, this is just a fact of life when using rawhide. Only official
releases and updates absolutely should be signed.

I find it annoying too.
I wish that they would have a mechanism for resigning unsigned packages, even with just a key that says "this is from Fedora and not a hacked mirror" if nothing else - maybe a key that they use just to sign otherwise unsigned rawhide packages before they populate them to the mirrors.

But it's not *that* big of a deal - just would be nice department.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/