NFS lockup error

Namikawa, Shozo generic at olive.ocn.ne.jp
Sun May 1 11:09:29 UTC 2005

Namikawa, Shozo wrote:

>> nodata wrote:

>>> I had this. Strangely, booting all services as usual, but in
>>> Interactive
>>> mode worked.
>>>

>> After happend "Stopping NFS locked" April end up2date, I set runlevel
>> of GRUB from 5 to 1 and start single user mode.
>> (ESC at GRUB menu, e(dit) and B(oot).)
>> Stopping following services by command practically,
>> confirm services,
>>  #chkconfig --list
>> and repeat,
>>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 mDNSResponder off
>>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 netfs                     off
>>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 nfslock                 off  #chkconfig
>> --runlevel 356 nifd                      off
>>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 rdisc                    off
>>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 ccsd                    off
>>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 clvmd                  off
>>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 fenced                 off
>>  #chkconfig --runlevel 356 smartd                 off
>>

> There are some error in my text. please collect to follow.
> (collect --runlevel to --level)
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> After happend "Stopping NFS locked" April end up2date, I set runlevel
> of GRUB from 5 to 1 and start single user mode.
> (ESC at GRUB menu, e(dit) and b(oot).)
> Stopping following services by command practically,
> confirm services,
> #chkconfig --list
> and repeat,
> #chkconfig --level 356 mDNSResponder off
> #chkconfig --level 356 netfs                     off
> #chkconfig --level 356 nfslock                 off
>  #chkconfig --level 356 nifd                      off
> #chkconfig --level 356 rdisc                    off
> #chkconfig --level 356 ccsd                    off
> #chkconfig --level 356 clvmd                  off
> #chkconfig --level 356 fenced                 off
> #chkconfig --level 356 smartd                 off
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Missing runlevel of sevices 345 to 356.
After happend "Stopping NFS locked" April end up2date, I set runlevel of
GRUB from 5 to 1 and start single user mode.
(ESC at GRUB menu, e(dit) and b(oot).)
Stopping following services by command practically,
confirm services,
#chkconfig --list
and repeat,
#chkconfig --level 345 mDNSResponder off
#chkconfig --level 345 netfs                     off
#chkconfig --level 345 nfslock                 off
 #chkconfig --level 345 nifd                      off
#chkconfig --level 345 rdisc                    off
#chkconfig --level 345 ccsd                    off
#chkconfig --level 345 clvmd                  off
#chkconfig --level 345 fenced                 off
#chkconfig --level 345 smartd                 off