a couple suggestions for fedora web page for test releases

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu May 5 10:18:40 UTC 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005, nodata wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 07:31 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> >   http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/

> The url says schedule, so it should contain schedule information.
> The url above could point to the current schedule, with additions to
> point to previous schedules.
>
> e.g. fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule-fc3/
>
> I'm not suggesting this url is much better, because we're still stuck
> with the "participate" bit, which probably doesn't belong in the url.
>
> If we ditched that, we might have
>  fedora.redhat.com/fc3/schedule/
>  fedora.redhat.com/fc2/schedule/
>  fedora.redhat.com/schedule/ would point to current.

um ... you know, my previous suggestions weren't meant to be
earth-shaking redesigns of the entire site or anything, just some
simple page changes.

regarding the above, the point was that, unless there's some real
reason to see *past* schedules, what's the point of knowing when FC1
and its corresponding test releases came out?

and i agree with the "participate" point above -- it just doesn't make
much sense.  what's the rationale for having the "terminology" page
under "participate"?

anyway, back to work.

rday