No video for text virtual consoles on FC4t3 ppc

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Thu May 12 08:15:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 12:48 -0700, John Reiser wrote:
> Whenever I try Ctrl-Alt-F2 to switch from graphical X11 console
> to text console, then I get DPMS suspend mode on the CRT monitor.
> Switching back to graphical via Ctrl-Alt-F7 works.  This is Fedora
> Core 4 Test 3, PowerPC Mac mini, ATI Radeon 9200, CRT monitor with DDC.

Hmm, provide more information about the monitor please; I have a similar
setup, and it seems to work just well

Radeon drivers console works - its just mga and i810 (that are in
bugzilla both at rh and freedesktop.org)

> Has anybody else seen this?  Which component is the right one
> for a bugzilla report about this problem?

Its hard to say if its a problem, but its generally kernel/xorg-x11 (the
latter is more appropriate). Though I can't exactly reproduce this, so
like I said, more information wrt the monitor, thanks
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/