Cyrus IMAPd removed from FC4???

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon May 16 16:36:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 18:27 +0200, Petr Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Cyrus IMAPd is removed from FC4??? ___WHY___???
> It is irreplaceable.
>
> I am totaly confused about this distro now.

It's in extras now. You should be able to install it via yum very easily
(yum comes configured with the extras repository). The reason it was
removed was because core contains dovecot and the reasoning was core
should only have 1 imap server and it should be the one that is simpler
to set up and maintain. One could take issue with this reasoning, there
are multiple points of view on the topic, all are valid and subject to
review.

FWIW, I plan on updating extras with a web-cryadm sometime in the next
few days which will help with the administration of cyrus-imapd.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>