HUH?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Mon May 16 18:16:05 UTC 2005

On May 15, 2005, "Ronny Strenger" <ronnybaby at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> I have tried downloading Fedora 4 test3 several times and I, for the life of me, cannot get the number one disk to boot!

> What COULD I be doing wrong??

Using a bad kernel to burn the FC4T3 CDs?  I remember one of the last
few kernels before we froze for FC4T3 wouldn't burn CDs correctly.  If
you'd been tracking rawhide and then decided to burn FC4T3 with the
one- or two-before-FC4T3 kernel, you might be running into this
problem.  Try updating the kernel and booting into it, and you might
have better luck burning a bootable CD.