INF information for Dell 1920x1200 15.4" widescreen display needed.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed May 18 10:09:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 21:46 -0700, Mister Ribbit wrote:

> I have the CD here for a Dell Inspiron 8600 which comes with a
> 1920x1200 screen.  I've tried extracting all drivers on the disk and
> looking for something to do with the monitor, but there's tonnes of
> crap here and I'm not sure what to look for.  Any hints?

Mr Ribbit,

I've rooted around in the CD too, to no avail.

I suspect what someone needs to do is root around in their install of
Windows and find out what INF file is being used as the 'driver' for the
monitor.

I'm unable to do this as I haven't got Windows installed on my system,
so I'm hoping that someone else might and can locate the files.

Rodd.
 It's much better on my side"